Thursday, May 10, 2012

Step by step

The past few months since the end of last year had been a crazy one for me. Crazy, in a good way. God has been showing me things I've never expected before this. I saw my own plans for my future totally go out the window, I saw people around me making preparations for their UK studies as I just sit back,waiting to see what's my next step. At the very same time, I saw God's different (and not to mention BIGGER) plans for my future, I saw God's vision for me that surpasses just UK to all around the world, and I'm very humbled to witness the salvation of 10 young boys through an opportunity that God provided for me to share my life in the Klang Boy's Brigade. 


Most of my coursemates are going to UK soon for their 3-months Degree programme in June. I was wrestling with God for about 2 semesters about whether or not I will be going to UK. My plans were to go to UK get it done quick & come back to Malaysia with a Degree in time for my 21st birthday. That was THE PLAN. Well, at least until God challenged me to another route. I decided to obey and see what He has in store for me. 


However by His grace & mercy, I've seen so many open doors & opportunities that are coming up in my life. Opportunities that I can't even imagine! Too many to tell it all here & do it justice, but I may share some of it with you all when some of them goes through a few confirmations. All in all, this year will be a very exciting year for me. Far greater than the plan that I had- going UK to get my Degree.


It's overwhelming to look back on His faithfulness & His blessings over my life. What I really want to do now is to take everything in baby steps & know that He is in control. It may be a bit intimidating when people keep asking what I am doing in life, or whether I've found a job, or why I am not going for my UK Degree when it's only 3 more months. However, I want to move only when God tells me. So that I can walk in His plan, not running off to head my own way. 


"Your word is the lamp unto my feet and the light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105). When you walk in darkness and all you have is a lamp for light, you don't run. Instead you take it step by step where the light shines. Similarly I want to walk in His light, not trying to be rushed or pressured by people around me. His peace will be with me, this He promises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment