Whenever I hear that someone is an "amateur", I would think twice before going to the person for any kind of advice or help. I guess I would put my confidence on a "PROFESSIONAL" rather than on an "AMATEUR". However, I was really touch by what I learned during my quiet time just now.
You see, the word "amateur" has been defined and used for so many years that the application or rather the definition of the word has lost the essence of its true meaning. The word "amateur" in the English language comes from the Latin word "amore" which means "to love". So, the essence of the definition of an "amateur" is actually a person who does something simply for the love of it.
I today's way of thinking or the so called "standard" if the world, getting paid for something you do brings you to a new category- that of a "professional". If someone is willing to pay you or recognizes you for something that you do, it surely means that you are skilled enough to receive them. An "amateur" is therefore considered less skilled or dedicated in the things that he/she does compared to a "professional".
However, I was really touched by what the Bible said about this, especially the part where it says " 26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." - (1 Cor 1:26-27).
I was so moved by this passage as I am reassured by the fact that what God seeks are people who serve Him just for the sheer LOVE of it. God told me to think of what I was when I was called. I'm so amazed by how much I can learn from children. Many times, I'm so humbled by how sincere a child can be in his love and service for God. Many have been blessed so much by sincere prayers prayed by children.
I was facing a similar situation & I was just praying desperately for God to speak to me before I did my devotion just now. I was really really blessed by what God told me & I hope you too will be blessed even more by it.
So,what are you waiting for? Let's become "AMATEUR CHRISTIANS" for GOD!!! We'll do this together!! God bless:)

No comments:
Post a Comment